Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Sage"

Between horses, a husband, two energetic young boys, a household and two businesses... I DO take out time on occasion to play with some art work. It does become a feat, and when I do complete one, it's quite the big deal and I'm tempted to turn it into a ceremony... but who has the time?


Sage
L/E 250
Graphite & Acylic


This is my newest, called "Sage". The original photograph used for this drawing is by an amazing western photographer, Robin Corey www.myspace.com/cowgirllight The beautiful horse "silver" Sage is a long-time equine love of the photographer, and so it was my pleasure to draw this beautiful horse for her. Primarily, it's done with graphite, but there is also some light pastel, and for the whisps of mane blowing in the wind, I used a few strands of hair collected in the high desert of an American mustang and with dark acrylic paint, painted in the details. So essentially, this image was "touched by wild horse". A portion also gets donated to a wild horse preservation group.

Simple things.

Sonya
WildWind Art

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Pam! Did you by chance scroll down my blog and see the two images (one from your photo I call "The One for the Job") that are going to the Heart of the West in Wyoming?

    ReplyDelete