Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Art at the HEART OF THE WEST Show & Sale

These are the two of my originals headed this October to the very prestigious HEART of the WEST Show and Sale in Wyoming. Only 40 artists are selected for this event each year. I am deeply honored to have been one of the selected western artists.

I'm primarily a pencil & pastel artist, but I also paint in the detailed hair structures using dark acrylic paint and strands of authentic wild horse mane hairs found in the high desert. So essentially each drawing is touched by an American mustang... our western heritage, living legends that are our National treasure!! I also donate to wild horse organizations to protect them and keep them roaming free.

To see my art work on Heart of the West's website, click this link and look on the bottom right and you'll see these two there! www.landerchamber.org/artpiecespage4.aspx Thanks for all your well wishes! The original photograph I used for "The One for the Job" is by wonderful equine photographer, Pam Nickoles of www.nickolesphotography.com .

Headed out on Friday to mat & frame with name plates:


"The One for the Job"
L/E 250 signed and numbered





"Water Paints"
L/E 250 signed and numbered




Where the wild wind blows,
Sonya

www.wildwindart.com
info@wildwindart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment